Skip to main content

Common Sense Topic: Why?

I wrote this back in May when I first started doing these videos. I kept this for a moment like this. I will be doing another video later this week on cable vs satellite services. In the meantime, here we go…
Why do people follow the paths they follow? Is it because they are passionate about their path? Or are they following a path paved by their predecessors in their family? Are they afraid to pave their own path? Hats off to those whom travel a path unpaved.
Why are some so shallow that they cannot see beyond themselves? Do they choose to be so self-centered?  Did they grow up in a family that encouraged the “ME” syndrome? Did they not have someone come into their life and make a positive mark?
Why are some so insensitive that they do not stop and think about what they are saying? Do they not have a filter between their brain and their mouth?  How can you ask a domestic violence survivor about the abuser’s health status or anything to do with the abuser’s wellbeing?  Do people have so little common sense that they actually expect the survivor to remain a residence where the violence happened? My guess is those who second guess and belittle domestic violence survivors can never understand we lived through. I am writing this because I am a domestic violence survivor. I understand the residual fear and terror of walking in a house that we once called home. Now it is a reminder of the hell I lived. No, I was not sent to the emergency room on multiple occasions. That does not mean the abuse did not happened nor does it mean that the abuse was traumatic. It does not mean that hearing our daughter plea for us to make up was not hard to hear. I continued to hear that moment repeatedly throughout the two years I was forced to remain in the house of hell. I continued to relive the moment when he put a knife to my throat and let me know he would kill me.
Why do domestic violence survivors become irritable and angry? Because we get sick of insensitive assholes that ask, “Have you heard from the abuser?” We do not want to hear from the abuser ever again. So do not ask us if “we’ve heard abuser” when they know what an injunction is in place for. Now you learn what an injunction is for.
Stop expecting us to live in terror. Stop expecting us to live in a structure with walls where the violence happened. Stop trying to make us feel guilty because their lives suck. Had they not because abusive, they would still have their family..  The video for this will be available at https://youtu.be/eAwplEG_zX4.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War Is A Racket

  This is an excellent quick read. If you don’t have ADHD, it’s a quick read. I started this book before Thanksgiving so between the holidays and every day crazy train I finally finished it. Of course, I made notes in each chapter about my thoughts. We’ll see if this helped compared to the chapter-by-chapter review we did on The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man by John Perkins.  Throughout the book, General Butler covers the ins and outs of war. He looks at the financial cost and the human cost. He starts out by explaining how the military-industrial complex was formed. Which I do think is critical. Most people in America don’t understand what the military-industrial complex is. Never mind how it is used. I am not going into detail here just read The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man. You will understand the order in which things unfold. The minority of Americans know who profits from war and who doesn’t. General Butler covers that as well. You will notice I said ‘m...

Book and Chapter Review

How America Angered God Lust

  We left off at Wrath. Now we will continue this list and finish it out. Sin: Lust This is the sin that nails us all. It is wanting power, pleasure, and money. Not necessarily all of these but one or all.  I grew up in the 1980s so when I think of examples of this particular sin I am reminded of Jim Baker and Jessica Hawn. He was married to Tammy and lusted after two things; money and Jessica. Their lust brought them down in the end. Tammy had her own lust for money that contributed to their downfall.  Ten Commandment:  Thou shall not commit adultery.  Virtue: Chastity Being chaste is recommended by Christ. In the book of Mathew chapters 19: 12 and 22: 20 Christ talks of being chaste. Being chaste teaches discipline. https://youtu.be/7Y8lHwOIu_A