Skip to main content

Christmas Eve and New Years Eve Activities for Kids

 Once we have children our lives pretty much revolve around them. While it’s nice to get together with adult members of your family, kids can get into everything…. Y’all know what I am talking about. I covered this back in my pre-Thanksgiving post about activities for kids. Here are some fresh links for activities for kids to do on their own and with adults. 


Our first activity which will require adult supervision is a Spinning Christmas Tree. This looks like it would be fun for the science freak in your family to do with kids. Beth does have printables as well. 


Beth Gorden

https://www.123homeschool4me.com/dancing-science-project_4/


Paper snowflakes! This is always a favorite. I used to do this in elementary school. I am sure a lot of people did. Here is a site that gives directions and patterns you can print off. 


Paper Snowflakes

https://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/cut-snowflake-video-tutorial-free-templates.html


Here’s one last link. While most teens will keep themselves entertained this will help you littles keep out of trouble. 


Michelle and Kira 

https://www.sunshineandhurricanes.com/printable-christmas-bingo/


Here’s one last activity you can do with your kids, let them help. Yeah! Kids love to help their parents. Make them Coat Checker which is a fancy word for hanging coats up. Let them make little holiday-themed number tickets. This would be a great job for the 8 to 11 age. Also, another job for this age group would be Bell Hop. Fancy for the carrier of luggage. For the 4 to 7 you could let them be the Matre D. Again fancy word for the greeter. They can show guests into the living room. For your 11 to 12 we have Guest Assistant. Fancy for a waiter. The 4 to 8 is a great age to show them how to set a table for dinner. Also how to Stage a room. Use the word Stage instead of decorating. It will make them feel important. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War Is A Racket

  This is an excellent quick read. If you don’t have ADHD, it’s a quick read. I started this book before Thanksgiving so between the holidays and every day crazy train I finally finished it. Of course, I made notes in each chapter about my thoughts. We’ll see if this helped compared to the chapter-by-chapter review we did on The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man by John Perkins.  Throughout the book, General Butler covers the ins and outs of war. He looks at the financial cost and the human cost. He starts out by explaining how the military-industrial complex was formed. Which I do think is critical. Most people in America don’t understand what the military-industrial complex is. Never mind how it is used. I am not going into detail here just read The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man. You will understand the order in which things unfold. The minority of Americans know who profits from war and who doesn’t. General Butler covers that as well. You will notice I said ‘m...

Book and Chapter Review

How America Angered God Lust

  We left off at Wrath. Now we will continue this list and finish it out. Sin: Lust This is the sin that nails us all. It is wanting power, pleasure, and money. Not necessarily all of these but one or all.  I grew up in the 1980s so when I think of examples of this particular sin I am reminded of Jim Baker and Jessica Hawn. He was married to Tammy and lusted after two things; money and Jessica. Their lust brought them down in the end. Tammy had her own lust for money that contributed to their downfall.  Ten Commandment:  Thou shall not commit adultery.  Virtue: Chastity Being chaste is recommended by Christ. In the book of Mathew chapters 19: 12 and 22: 20 Christ talks of being chaste. Being chaste teaches discipline. https://youtu.be/7Y8lHwOIu_A