Skip to main content

How America Has Angered God

 As I said in the introduction to this series, we are going to take seven weeks to look at how America has angered God. If you aren’t Catholic you may not know what I am talking about. The seven deadly sins are the seven sins that can get you a ticket straight to hell. No passing go and no use for $200 in hell. You certainly won’t be getting a get-out-of-hell free pass. We will also look at how the Ten Commandments come into play.


Seven Deadly Sins


  1. Vainglory


Let’s start with Vainglory. This is the worshipping of oneself. This is a common pitfall we Americans fall into. How many times have you sat down with someone who start telling you all these charitable things they are doing? Seriously! It's annoying. There's a reason we find it annoying. Christ tells us to be charitable. He doesn't tell us to put it on social media for everyone to see. When we do this we are in essence elevating ourselves to God(dess) level.



Ten Commandments


  1. Thou shall have no other Gods before me.

Making yourself a God(dess) is a violation of the first commandment. 


Seven Virtues


  1. Humility. 


Be humble as Christ was. He didn’t boast. This trips me up. I try to be humble and grateful for everything. No matter how small or large. 


Here's a challenge, give to a charity and don't say anything. Seriously! Do this because you have something in your home you're not using and would be a blessing to someone else. Don't get a receipt for tax deductions. Just do it because Christ would do this.



https://youtu.be/tB8u4FsWmwk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War Is A Racket

  This is an excellent quick read. If you don’t have ADHD, it’s a quick read. I started this book before Thanksgiving so between the holidays and every day crazy train I finally finished it. Of course, I made notes in each chapter about my thoughts. We’ll see if this helped compared to the chapter-by-chapter review we did on The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man by John Perkins.  Throughout the book, General Butler covers the ins and outs of war. He looks at the financial cost and the human cost. He starts out by explaining how the military-industrial complex was formed. Which I do think is critical. Most people in America don’t understand what the military-industrial complex is. Never mind how it is used. I am not going into detail here just read The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man. You will understand the order in which things unfold. The minority of Americans know who profits from war and who doesn’t. General Butler covers that as well. You will notice I said ‘m...

Book and Chapter Review

How America Angered God Lust

  We left off at Wrath. Now we will continue this list and finish it out. Sin: Lust This is the sin that nails us all. It is wanting power, pleasure, and money. Not necessarily all of these but one or all.  I grew up in the 1980s so when I think of examples of this particular sin I am reminded of Jim Baker and Jessica Hawn. He was married to Tammy and lusted after two things; money and Jessica. Their lust brought them down in the end. Tammy had her own lust for money that contributed to their downfall.  Ten Commandment:  Thou shall not commit adultery.  Virtue: Chastity Being chaste is recommended by Christ. In the book of Mathew chapters 19: 12 and 22: 20 Christ talks of being chaste. Being chaste teaches discipline. https://youtu.be/7Y8lHwOIu_A