Skip to main content

Russians Are Nostalgic for The USSR

I just came across an article on RT.com which showed people in Russia are nostalgic for the USSR. I was shocked to see this. I am going to share my theory on this with you. The link is here: https://on.rt.com/9ktq


1. I feel like they miss knowing that once they graduate from college if they are lucky enough to qualify for free college, they will have a job. Also if you served honorably in the military, you got moved to the front of the line. We don't even do this now for veterans.

2. Insurance. They had full coverage from head to toe. This is awesome. Every developed nation except for us offers this. Yes, you had to wait in line and it was a pain in the ass. Wait a minute. We make an appointment and we wait till we are called. So we wait in a line... The difference is we have to pay to wait in that line. 

3. Maternity leave. Women had six-month maternity leave. That means you have time to prep the nursy area, have the baby and recover. Plus, visit family and bond with your baby. Here women are lucky if they get six-weeks. Complications or not. 

Fourth and the final is housing. NO communal living isn't for everyone. But it's a hell of a better than homeless. Yes! You got your very own 36 m of personal living space, shared bathroom, and a kitchen. Of course, the cleaning duties were shared as well. Like, clean your area. Also, clean the bathroom after you are done with your bath or shower. 

Okay, so communism wasn't perfect. No system is. Look at ours. It's like watching a plane crash. However, something you rarely saw was the USSR start a war. The only one I remember was Afghanistan. 

So these are my theories, I look forward to reading yours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War Is A Racket

  This is an excellent quick read. If you don’t have ADHD, it’s a quick read. I started this book before Thanksgiving so between the holidays and every day crazy train I finally finished it. Of course, I made notes in each chapter about my thoughts. We’ll see if this helped compared to the chapter-by-chapter review we did on The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man by John Perkins.  Throughout the book, General Butler covers the ins and outs of war. He looks at the financial cost and the human cost. He starts out by explaining how the military-industrial complex was formed. Which I do think is critical. Most people in America don’t understand what the military-industrial complex is. Never mind how it is used. I am not going into detail here just read The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man. You will understand the order in which things unfold. The minority of Americans know who profits from war and who doesn’t. General Butler covers that as well. You will notice I said ‘m...

Book and Chapter Review

How America Angered God Lust

  We left off at Wrath. Now we will continue this list and finish it out. Sin: Lust This is the sin that nails us all. It is wanting power, pleasure, and money. Not necessarily all of these but one or all.  I grew up in the 1980s so when I think of examples of this particular sin I am reminded of Jim Baker and Jessica Hawn. He was married to Tammy and lusted after two things; money and Jessica. Their lust brought them down in the end. Tammy had her own lust for money that contributed to their downfall.  Ten Commandment:  Thou shall not commit adultery.  Virtue: Chastity Being chaste is recommended by Christ. In the book of Mathew chapters 19: 12 and 22: 20 Christ talks of being chaste. Being chaste teaches discipline. https://youtu.be/7Y8lHwOIu_A