Skip to main content

Here are six items going up.


  1. Pre-prepped veggies. When in the hell did we get so lazy that we can't cut a head of lettuce. I am guilty of this. I blame the amount of waste created by me doing it. That's going to stop.

  2. Pre-cut and marinated meat. I am guilty of buying pre-cut meat because we do eat wings. Mainly breast and thigh or drumstick. As for marinades, I stay away from these. We have a specific taste so it would be a waste to buy them in a marinade.

  3. Name brand cereal. Holy Apple Jacks Captain Crunch. There is going to be a markup of around 44%. This is why I bought cereal back in the spring. I had a suspicion this hike was coming. My daughter laughs at me. Wait till she sees the price hike.

  4. Name Brand Spices. I buy the store brand as much as possible.

  5. Baking supplies. We saw the chaos back in the spring. People were stuck at home and decided it was time to learn to bake. The only thing I need to buy is cocoa.

  6. Baked goods. It's time to say no. This month I will be making pie filling. I know how to make a pie crust. Fillings can be used in a variety of ways. We just have to get imaginative.



Bibliography

WOROCH, A. (2020, 10 24). The 6 Items at the Grocery Store with the Biggest Markups — And What to Get Instead. The Kitchn. https://www.thekitchn.com/grocery-store-biggest-markup-23004498

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War Is A Racket

  This is an excellent quick read. If you don’t have ADHD, it’s a quick read. I started this book before Thanksgiving so between the holidays and every day crazy train I finally finished it. Of course, I made notes in each chapter about my thoughts. We’ll see if this helped compared to the chapter-by-chapter review we did on The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man by John Perkins.  Throughout the book, General Butler covers the ins and outs of war. He looks at the financial cost and the human cost. He starts out by explaining how the military-industrial complex was formed. Which I do think is critical. Most people in America don’t understand what the military-industrial complex is. Never mind how it is used. I am not going into detail here just read The New Confessions Of An Economic Hit Man. You will understand the order in which things unfold. The minority of Americans know who profits from war and who doesn’t. General Butler covers that as well. You will notice I said ‘m...

Book and Chapter Review

How America Angered God Lust

  We left off at Wrath. Now we will continue this list and finish it out. Sin: Lust This is the sin that nails us all. It is wanting power, pleasure, and money. Not necessarily all of these but one or all.  I grew up in the 1980s so when I think of examples of this particular sin I am reminded of Jim Baker and Jessica Hawn. He was married to Tammy and lusted after two things; money and Jessica. Their lust brought them down in the end. Tammy had her own lust for money that contributed to their downfall.  Ten Commandment:  Thou shall not commit adultery.  Virtue: Chastity Being chaste is recommended by Christ. In the book of Mathew chapters 19: 12 and 22: 20 Christ talks of being chaste. Being chaste teaches discipline. https://youtu.be/7Y8lHwOIu_A